How To Find Favor With God
The Bible tells us that God does indeed love us
However, all of us have sinned and fall short of his standard The Lord is patient for our sake and is giving us time to turn to him for our salvation The Apostle Peter writes that God sets himself against the proud but he shows favor to the humble With this in mind, we offer the following.
1. God requires us to be humble enough to admit that we are sinners in desperate need of his forgiveness and acceptance
2. God wants us to be willing to turn from our sinful ways and allow him to redirect our path
3. He wants us to realize that he sent his Son into the world for the purpose of becoming a substitute for us. Jesus lived a sinless life and did not have to suffer the penalty for sin which is death, separation from God. However, because of his great love for us, he chose to take our sins upon himself and die on the cross in our place
4. The Bible says that Jesus died and was buried, but that on the third day he rose again from the grave
He ascended to heaven and has sent his Spirit—the Holy Spirit—into the world to dwell within the hearts of all who believe in him .
5. To find forgiveness and favor with him, God requires us to believe and confess that we are sinners in need of a new life, that Jesus Christ died for our sins and rose again and that he is alive today. He has promised to send his Spirit into the lives of all who do.
If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ for your salvation, God wants you to know that you have been accepted in his family and that he will never leave you or forsake you. Our Heavenly Father accepts you because he now sees you as a new creation in Christ and desires to mold you into the image of Jesus as you walk through this world. You can know him better through reading his word, the Bible, and by gathering together with other Christians. You can talk to the Father without fear of punishment or shame and can come boldly before him to receive his mercy and grace.